Nancy, Leann, Mary, Toby and Lynda’s Tuscan Adventure
April 17- April 26, 2017 (10 nights at Il Colle, departing April 27)
Monday, April 17 – Arrival Day
- Marcie and Daniele will pick up our group at Florence Airport
- After 30-45 minutes’ drive, we will arrive at Il Colle
- Our host Giovanni will greet us with Tuscan snacks and wine
- Unpack and tour the grounds
Tuesday, April 18 – Figline, Greve and Podere Le Fornachi
- Market Day in Figline. For early risers, the weekly market has local food, clothes, housewares, etc.
- Lunch at La Cantina in the town of Greve. In the afternoon, we’ll stroll through Greve, and then visit the Town of Montefioralle.
- Podere Le Fornachi Goat Farm. We’ll tour the farm and visit the goats, and learn how they make organic cheese. Then we’ll enjoy a tasting of wine and cheese.
- Novella, our private chef, cooks our dinner tonight.
Wednesday, April 19 – Firenze
- Anna, our licensed guide, will guide us through the Uffizi and take us to see the David.
- Lunch on your own in Firenze.
- Aperitivo in the evening and ‘Italian language for fun” with Cristina.
Thursday, April 20 –Amadei Chocolate Factory and Lucca
- In the morning, we’ll enjoy chocolate tasting at the Amedei factory.
- Then we’ll visit the walled town of Lucca.
Friday, April 21 –Paterno
- Visit to Cristina’s farm in Paterno, and optional visit to ceramic studio
Saturday, April 22 – Firenze- Individual itineraries
- Marcie will help you see and do what’s most important to you
- Dinner in Firenze, place TBD.
Sunday, April 23 – Castello del Trebbio
- We will be picked up at 12:00 for our tour of Castello del Trebbio, the medieval home of the Pazzi family.
- Catello del Trebbio will include Wine cellar tour, olive oil tasting, cooking class and late lunch/early dinner.
Monday, April 24 – Trip to the seaside, the town of Viareggio
Tuesday, April 25 – Festival in Panzano, “Stagion Bona Festival”
- Gelato tasting in Castellina
- Lunch at Le Panzanelle
- Panzano festival until we are ready to go home
Wednesday, April 26 – Last day of activities
- TBD as group decides (Siena, plus La Foce is open today also the Abby at San Galgano)
- We have Daniele and the van for the entire day.
- Dinner party tonight – Giovanni barbeques Bistecca Fiorentina!
Thursday, April 27 – Departure day
- Van to Florence airport (or train station in Florence if you are remaining in Italy).